Class 12: Modeling, continued
News / Etc.
Good things to do
- How do we generally model data in these kinds of applications? (Conceptually, rather than what code do we use.)
- We normally say that we use a “relational” model. What does “relation” mean here?
- What general kinds of relationships are there between relations? (and what are examples of each)?
- Why do we use a DBMS rather than managing things by ourselves?
- LibraryThing is a shared “keep track of my books” SaaS.
- For LibraryThing, what relations (tables) do you see as useful? How do you represent them?