Class 7: An introduction to software engineering
Held: Monday, 6 February 2017
- Model/View/Controller frameworks
- RESTful programming
- Models of software engineering
- Important agile practices
- Why agile?
- Why not agile?
News / Etc.
Good things to do
Nope, no extra credit.
- CS Table, Tuesday, 7 Feb 2017. Something on privacy.
- Scholars Convocation, Thursday, 9 Feb 2017, 11:00 a.m., JRC 101. David Orr: Climate Change and the Crisis of American Democracy.
- Thursday extras, Thursday, 9 Feb 2017, 4:15 p.m., Science 3821: Something on computer graphics (visitor from UMN).
Small group then large group.
- What do you see as the main steps in one iteration of waterfall, spiral, and agile (or at least XP-style agile)
- What do you as the primary relationships between Plan and Document and Agile?
- What do you see as the important agile practices?
- What are reasons to use agile?
- What are reasons not to use agile?
- Software as a Service
- Service-Oriented Architecture